The Franklin House was built in 1855 by William Graydon and Peter Douglas. It was originally built as the private residence of Peter Douglas, who in 1859 went on to sell it to Bennet Franklin, a partner in Barber Brother’s Toronto Woollen Mills. Today “The Franklin House” is designated and protected under the terms of the Ontario Heritage Act.
In 2008 The Franklin House opened it’s doors as a pub and a restaurant, carrying on the tradition and paying tribute to the original building and it’s history.
Stories have been told that a young woman named “Jessie” has been haunting the building since the early 1900’s. Come in sometime and maybe you will feel her presence!

In the Franklin House

Lunch Menu Started

Launched the new lunch menu, 8 items under 10 dollars


Full line up for May finalized, checkout the Events
section to see who is playing.

New Desserts Introduced

New Desserts from Cheesecake Factory and Dreamworks

Game time Specials

$5 Molson and Coors specials during Raptors and Leafs